The Board of Directors of Targa Resources believes that sound corporate governance practices and policies provide an important framework to assist the Board in fulfilling its duty to stockholders. Our corporate governance practices and policies are reflected in our Corporate Governance Guidelines, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics that are each linked below:
Ethics and Compliance Hotline
We offer two convenient and confidential ways to seek assistance and report potential ethics and compliance issues. Both resources are hosted by a third party to maintain confidentiality and anonymity when requested. All employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders can communicate concerns by calling the Ethics and Compliance Hotline at 1-833-835-5872 or going to their website .
Several highlights that demonstrate our commitment to corporate governance include:
- Eight of ten of our Directors are independent
- Our Audit, Compensation and Nominating & Governance Committees are fully independent
- Independent Directors chair each of our Committees
- Independent Directors conduct executive sessions at meetings without the presence of members of management
- Our Nominating & Governance Committee periodically reassesses our Corporate Governance Guidelines
- Our Board conducts annual self-evaluations to determine whether the Board and its Committees are functioning effectively
For more information regarding our corporate governance practices, please read our most recent definitive proxy statement which is linked below:
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors provides essential oversight for our company. Ensuring that the members of our Board have a diverse background of relevant skills and experiences is critical to our success.
Our Board has a standing Audit Committee, Compensation Committee, Nominating & Governance Committee, and Risk Management Committee, and may have such other committees as the Board may determine from time to time.
Our Audit, Compensation and Nominating & Governance Committees operate under charters that are each linked below:
Additionally, our Risk Management Committee oversees our commodity price and commodity basis risk management and hedging activity.
Board Diversity Highlights
Our Directors have extensive and diverse experience relevant to our business and strategy that enhances the knowledge of our Board, including significant experience in the following industries:
- Exploration and production
- Energy infrastructure services
- Chemical processing and refining
- Energy and logistics services
- Power generation
- Gas and power marketing
- Energy consulting
Our Directors also currently hold or have held a diverse range of leadership positions, including:
- President and Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Commercial Officer
- General internal and external auditor
- Senior commodity sales and trading executive
In addition to the extensive and diverse experience of our Directors, two of our current ten Directors are also women.
If a vacancy on our Board arises, then our Nominating & Governance Committee is instructed by its charter to consider the diversity and optimal enhancement of the current mix of talent and experience on the Board.