The Board of Directors of Targa Resources believes that sound corporate governance practices and policies provide an important framework to assist the Board in fulfilling its duty to stockholders. Our corporate governance practices and policies are reflected in our Corporate Governance Guidelines, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics that are each linked below:
Ethics and Compliance Hotline
We offer two convenient and confidential ways to seek assistance and report potential ethics and compliance issues. Both resources are hosted by a third party to maintain confidentiality and anonymity when requested. All employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders can communicate concerns by calling the Ethics and Compliance Hotline at 1-833-835-5872 or going to their website Ethics and Compliance Hotline.
Several highlights that demonstrate our commitment to corporate governance include:
- Eight of ten of our Directors are independent
- Our Audit, Compensation and Nominating & Governance Committees are fully independent
- Independent Directors chair each of our Committees
- Independent Directors conduct executive sessions at meetings without the presence of members of management
- Our Nominating & Governance Committee periodically reassesses our Corporate Governance Guidelines
- Our Board conducts annual self-evaluations to determine whether the Board and its Committees are functioning effectively
For more information regarding our corporate governance practices, please read our most recent definitive proxy statement which is linked below:
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors provides essential oversight for our company. Ensuring that the members of our Board have a diverse background of relevant skills and experiences is critical to our success.
Our Board has a standing Audit Committee, Compensation Committee, Nominating & Governance Committee, and Risk Management Committee, and may have such other committees as the Board may determine from time to time.
Our Audit, Compensation and Nominating & Governance Committees operate under charters that are each linked below:
Additionally, our Risk Management Committee oversees our commodity price and commodity basis risk management and hedging activity.