Field Gathering & Processing
The Field Gathering and Processing's operations consist of Permian Midland, Permian Deleware, SouthTX, North Texas, SouthOK, WestOK and Badlands, each as described below.
The Permian Midland system consists of approximately 6,600 miles of natural gas gathering pipelines and fourteen processing plants with an aggregate nameplate capacity of 2,129 MMcf/d, all located within the Permian Basin in West Texas. Ten of these plants and 4,800 miles of gathering pipelines belong to a joint venture (“WestTX”), in which we have an approximate 72.8% ownership. Pioneer, a major producer in the Permian Basin, owns the remaining interest in the WestTX system.
In addition, we are constructing the Gateway Plant, a new 250 MMcf/d cryogenic natural gas processing plant included as part of WestTX in the Midland Basin. The Gateway Plant is expected to begin operations in the fourth quarter of 2020.
|Tom Green County||TX|
The Permian Delaware system consists of approximately 5,900 miles of natural gas gathering pipelines and eight processing plants with an aggregate capacity of 1,050 MMcf/d, all within the Delaware Basin in West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. One additional plant, the 250 MMcf/d Peregrine Plant, is currently being constructed and expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2020.
The Permian Midland and Permian Delaware systems are interconnected and volumes may flow from one system to the other providing increased operational flexibility and redundancy.
The South Texas system contains approximately 900 miles of high-pressure and low-pressure gathering and transmission pipelines and three natural gas processing plants in the Eagle Ford Shale. The South Texas system processes natural gas through the Silver Oak I, Silver Oak II and Raptor gas processing plants. The Silver Oak I and II Plants (the “Silver Oak Plants”) are each 200 MMcf/d cryogenic plants. The Raptor Plant is a 260 MMcf/d cryogenic plant.
We participate in two joint ventures in South Texas with a subsidiary of Southcross Energy Partners LLC, which consist of our 75% share in T2 LaSalle Gathering Company LLC (“T2 LaSalle”) and our 50% share in T2 Eagle Ford Gathering Company LLC (“T2 Eagle Ford”). T2 LaSalle owns approximately 60 miles of high-pressure gathering pipeline and T2 Eagle Ford owns approximately 120 miles of high-pressure gathering pipelines. Together, these two pipelines gather and transport gas to the Silver Oak Plants. T2 Eagle Ford also owns the residue gas delivery pipelines downstream of the Silver Oak Plants. On April 1, 2019, we assumed the operatorship of T2 LaSalle and T2 Eagle Ford.
We also participate in a third joint venture in South Texas, which is with Sanchez Midstream. We own a 50% interest in the Carnero Joint Venture (“Carnero”) and Sanchez Midstream owns the remaining 50% interest. Carnero owns and Targa operates the Silver Oak II Plant, the Raptor Plant and approximately 45 miles of high-pressure gathering pipeline located in La Salle, Dimmitt and Webb Counties, Texas which connects Sanchez Energy’s Catarina Ranch gathering system and Comanche Ranch acreage to the Raptor Plant.
|Live Oak County||TX|
|La Salle County||TX|
|San Patricio County||TX|
|Jim Wells County||TX|
|Palo Pinto County||TX|
The SouthOK gathering system is located in the Ardmore and Anadarko Basins and includes the Golden Trend, SCOOP, and Woodford Shale areas of southern Oklahoma. The gathering system has approximately 2,300 miles of pipelines.
The SouthOK system includes six separate operational processing plants with a total nameplate capacity of 710 MMcf/d, including: the Coalgate, Stonewall, Hickory Hills and Tupelo facilities, which are owned by our Centrahoma Joint Venture, and our wholly-owned Velma and Velma V-60 plants. We have a 60% ownership interest in Centrahoma. The remaining 40% ownership interest in Centrahoma is held by MPLX LP (“MPLX”).
The WestOK gathering system is located in north central Oklahoma and southern Kansas’ Anadarko Basin and includes the Woodford shale and the STACK. The gathering system expands into 13 counties with approximately 6,600 miles of natural gas gathering pipelines.
The WestOK system has a total nameplate capacity of 458 MMcf/d with three separate cryogenic natural gas processing plants located at the Waynoka I and II and Chester facilities, and one refrigeration plant at the Chaney Dell facility.
The Partnership owns a diverse fleet of both amine treating and processing plants to help customers meet pipeline quality specifications. The gas treating facilities include fifteen skid-mounted amine treating plants of various sizes with total treating capacity of 1,262 GPM and two propane refrigeration plants with total capacity of 27 MMCFD. We provide engineering and design services, equipment leasing, turnkey installation and various options around staffing the facilities.